Check out Second Presbyterian Church!
Read along with Ephesians 2:1-10.
Included in this podcast:
1. Old Testament reading: Numbers 21:4-9
2. The Psalter: Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22
3. Gospel reading: John 3:14-21
4. Anthem: "God So Loved the World" (John Stainer)
5. Epistle reading: Ephesians 2:1-10
6. Covenant Renewal Service: Celebrating Ordination
It is my hope that spending this season of Lent reflecting on God’s faithfulness to the everlasting covenants he has made with us will encourage each one of us to recommit ourselves to living up to our side of the covenant as faithfully as we can.
Seen through this lens, the “after” picture of being made alive in Christ in Ephesians 2 is part of our response to God’s covenant: a pledge to become who God has made us to be – one created in Christ Jesus for good works to bring God glory.
In this morning’s “covenant renewal service,” we will particularly celebrate the good works that are done in the name of Christ Jesus by those who have been ordained as leaders in the congregation. In this way, ordination is one of the ways we are able to choose to do good works out of gratitude for God’s grace as a sign of our faithfulness to God’s covenant.