Check out Second Presbyterian Church!
In this podcast:
1. Prayer for Illumination
2. Epistle reading Romans 8:22-27
3. Gospel reading John 15:26-27, 16:4b-15
4. Anthem "Gracious Spirit, Dwell with Me" (K. Lee Scott)
5. New Testament reading Acts 2:1-21
6. Old Testament reading Ezekiel 37:1-14 (from Eugene Peterson's "The Message" version of the Bible)
7. Sermon "Irrational Hope"
“I’ll breathe my life into you,” God says, “and you will live.”
God speaks this promise through Ezekiel to the valley of dry bones, and the lifeless bones are transformed into living, breathing bodies.
God speaks this promise through the Holy Spirit to the disciples, and the church – the body of Christ on earth – is born.
And on this day of Pentecost, God again speaks this promise of the breath of life and irrational hope to us.